Saturday, August 29, 2009

Successful

"I just wanna be successful" Drake

These are simple words buts they articulate the vision that drives me. The desire to create a legacy for my children to stand on. Ultimately success represents a better chance for my family to avoid some of the obstacles that I had to face. Success is the ability to define one's future and to not be crippled by past mistakes or societies limits. My hard work is a down payment on a better life for my family that is yet to come. It is this reality that should inform the decisions we make. We should move beyond instant gratification and societies rewards. These rewards are nothing more than traps to keep us off the righteous path. So let us reexamine ourselves and society with a new vision. Then and only then will we be on the path to true success. When we have allowed the individualistic motives of success to be abandoned for a sense of success that others can prosper from.

No comments:

Post a Comment